Edison Educational Robot Kit - Set Of 30 - STEAM Education - Robotics And Coding
: In stock
: Hamilton Buhl
Edison Educational Robot Kit - Set of 30
Now more than ever, STEM education is high priority, as high-paying jobs in STEM fields are growing, with an inadequate pipeline of American students to fill them.
Much of the effort to institute this is aimed towards middle and high schools, but research shows that introducing STEM early plays a key role in cognitive development and capabilities in these subjects later in life.
Much of math and science instruction in schools is abstract and theoretical, and half the job of a teacher is to engage kids in learning these abstract and complex STEM subjects.
This is where Edison Robot presented by HamiltonBuhl comes in.
For kids, robots are the stuff of the future and science fiction, they are drawn to them. Unlike memorizing textbooks and regurgitating information, kids are instantly engaged and actually want to learn and experiment with robots. And best of all, they‚Äôre not just learning about robotics, they are learning engineering, math, programming and general science concepts such as sensors.
Named to reflect an "inventive spirit," Edison Robot is the result of a genuine passion for innovation and a vision to make electronics, engineering, robotics and programming accessible to as many people as possible.
These LEGO¬Æ compatible educational robots are clean, safe, reusable, expandable and robust, providing students across all grade levels, from ages 5+, with a range of combinations, and possibilities.
Along Edison's face are Lego-compatible plates that allow the Edison robots to be scaled up into sophisticated creations, or even combined and doubled up for a more complicated system.
Each Edison robot features a host of sensors and can be programmed using a growing number of FREE software applications:
- EdBlocks ‚Äì a fully graphical robot programming language that is super easy to use. A drag-and-drop block-based system, EdBlocks is intuitive and fun, even for younger users. Perfect for introducing anyone to programming, EdBlocks is ideal for students aged 8 to 12 years old.
- EdWare ‚Äì a hybrid graphical robot programming software (similar to Scratch), combines drag-and-drop graphical icons with increased functionality from text-based entry, making programming fun and easy to learn!
- EdPy ‚Äì the easy to learn, high readability and very popular Python programming language. EdPy teaches a real life programming language and makes text-based programming fun and easy!
Each programmable Edison robot interacts with the world via infra-red (IR) transmitters and receivers, line tracking, barcode reading, playing sounds and music, plus sound detection. It‚Äôs also equipped with two motors with variable speeds, left and right red LED lights and three control buttons.
One Edison can communicate with another over IR, with the units also able to be programmed by and controlled with TV and DVD remotes.
Each bot is powered by a set of AAA batteries.
These LEGO¬Æ compatible robots are designed to provide learners with an opportunity to experiment and grow their knowledge, explore their imagination, cultivate their innovativeness and have fun without expensive tools and excessive investment.
- Affordable and available in single or value-packs for a full class set
- Programmable ‚Äì Multiple FREE programming languages, graphical and text based
- LEGO¬Æ compatible ‚Äì Modular and easily expandable
- Easy to use ‚Äì With many pre-programmed functions activated by included barcode cards
- Remote control ‚Äì Learns commands from TV/DVD remote controls
- Suitable for all ages ‚Äì From K-12 Grades
- Built to last ‚Äì rugged and tough, can withstand a car driving over it and still function!
- Simple download from any device with EdComm cable
- Barcode scan cards - for easy basic programming
- 10 FREE Educational robotics lesson plans
You may return most new, unopened items within 30 days of delivery for a full refund. We'll also pay the return shipping costs if the return is a result of our error (you received an incorrect or defective item, etc.).
You should expect to receive your refund within four weeks of giving your package to the return shipper, however, in many cases you will receive a refund more quickly. This time period includes the transit time for us to receive your return from the shipper (5 to 10 business days), the time it takes us to process your return once we receive it (3 to 5 business days), and the time it takes your bank to process our refund request (5 to 10 business days).
If you need to return an item, simply login to your account, view the order using the 'Complete Orders' link under the My Account menu and click the Return Item(s) button. We'll notify you via e-mail of your refund once we've received and processed the returned item.
We can ship to virtually any address in the world. Note that there are restrictions on some products, and some products cannot be shipped to international destinations.
When you place an order, we will estimate shipping and delivery dates for you based on the availability of your items and the shipping options you choose. Depending on the shipping provider you choose, shipping date estimates may appear on the shipping quotes page.